HOW IMPORTANT IS SEO ON A VIDEO?
You’ve uploaded your live video to multiple channels, so, thew question is, how important is getting your description and tagging right? Well, it’s massively important, without this being done right, your content is likely to blend into everything else everyone is putting out.
However, have a bespoke thumbnail with your video title on it, along with an eye catching video title in the first place you’re already onto a winner. Then you need to start thinking about video SEO, this is as important with video content as it is with any other piece of content you’re brand and business is putting out.
So, here are a few simple tips to help you out
1. EYE CATCHING TITLE
2. MAKE SURE YOUR TITLE IS ALSO IN THE FIRST 3 LINES OF YOUR VIDEO DESCRIPTION, THESE ARE THE 3 LINES THAT ARE SEEN WHEN SOMEONE SEES YOUR VIDEO IN SEARCH RESULTS ON YOUTUBE
3. DON’T JUST USE THE TOP 3 LINES BECAUSE THAT’S ALL PEOPLE SEE. MAKE SURE YOU REALLY GIVE A GREAT DESCRIPTION OF YOUR VIDEOS CONTENT, THIS WILL HELP IN THE META TAGS
4. YOU WANT GOOGLE TO RECOGNISE THIS CONTENT IS CONNECTED TO YOUR WEBSITE, SO MAKE SURE YOU PUT LINKS IN THE DESCRIPTION TO ALL YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS AND YOUR WEBSITE.
5. YOU MUST USE HTTP:// AT THE START OF YOUR EXTERNAL LINKS, OTHERWISE YOUTUBE WILL NOT MAKE THEM CLICKABLE FOR YOUR AUDIENCE
6. USE THE METATAGS, AND MAKE SURE YOU’RE USING THINGS LIKE YOUR VIDEO TITLE AND CONTENT FROM YOUR DESCRIPTION AS TAGS, THIS HELPS MAKE SURE YOUTUBE SEES THE CONTENT ALL WORKS TOGETHER AND PUSHES IT UP PEOPLES SEARCHES
These are just a few simple rules to follow, there’s much more to really help your content work better, but you can always drop me a line to chat about those.
As always, you know where I am if you need to ask any questions or need further help [email protected]